COVID-19 Updates & Resources
posted on Friday, July 17, 2020 in Grow Cedar Valley
Select from the following category options to be guided to information related to that category.
(Reopening, Returning to the Workplace, Health & Safety Guidelines)
- (NEW) Assistance Programs for Renters and Homeowners Application Period Opens March 29
- Iowa COVID-19 impacted renters and homeowners will be able to apply for assistance with rent and mortgage payments through two assistance programs beginning Monday, March 29 at 2:00 p.m. Program details can be found at IowaHousingRecovery.com.
- (NEW) The American Rescue Plan Act provides additional relief for the nation’s small businesses and hard-hit industries for programs the SBA is currently administering and adds new efforts, including:
- $7.25 billion additional for the Paycheck Protection Program, including to expand eligibility to additional nonprofits and digital news services
- Additional funds are allocated for the Shuttered Venue Operators Grant program, and now allows businesses to apply for both a PPP loan after Dec. 27, 2020, and the SVOG
- $15 billion additional for Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan Advance (EIDL) payments, including NEW $5 billion for Supplemental Targeted EIDL Advance payments for those hardest hit
- NEW - $28.6 billion for the Restaurant Revitalization Fund for industry-focused grants
- NEW - $100 million to establish a Community Navigator pilot program; grants will go to eligible organizations supporting efforts to improve access to COVID–19 pandemic assistance programs and resources.
(NEW) Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People - cdc.gov
Area institutions and organizations are developing vaccination rollout plans. Find out all you need to know below:
Iowa Governor Announces The Iowa Restaurant and Bar Relief Program
COVID-19 Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool
This map shows the risk level of attending an event, given the event size and location. The risk level is the estimated chance (0-100%) that at least 1 COVID-19 positive individual will be present at an event in a county, given the size of the event
COVID-19 Information in multiple languages
Grow Cedar Valley has hosted several informational webinars with current information, updates, and best practices.
State of Iowa
Business Guidance & Financial Assistance
Review your supply chain and analyze the potential impact and alternatives for supplies.
Review finances, work on contingencies of how to manage finances should a business begin to slow, talk with your banker about options that you can tap into should the need arise.
Talk with your business insurance provider as well.
If the business does slow, document your losses.
IRS Tax Relief
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
The FFCRA legislation took effect on April 1, 2020, and includes expansions of FMLA and Paid Sick Leave. Mandates apply to all employers with less than 500 employees (with some exemptions).
American Rescue Plan Act
Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA)
Small Business Administration
Black Hawk County
Other Possible Funding Sources for Business
Cedar Valley Resources
Mask Up Cedar Valley Flyers
Grow Cedar Valley has shared some graphics businesses can use to promote the wearing of masks when social distance guidelines can not be followed. We know it is a sacrifice of our comfort, but we believe all measures must be taken seriously when it ensures our area businesses remain open. Please follow mask best practices and guidelines.
Grow Cedar Valley's Return to Work Guide
As the Cedar Valley continues to reopen, Grow Cedar Valley is doing the same. Our staff is gradually returning to the office while still conducting a majority of our work remotely. If your business is looking for assistance for reopening, please check out/use our Return to Work Guide as a reference!
Mask of Wellness
EMBARC helplines in 10 different languages for refugee and immigrant community members for help with basic medical questions, essential supplies like food, victim services, and applying for unemployment benefits.
- Service and opportunities from Grow Cedar Valley Investors
- Cedar Valley Strong: Local effort to communicate businesses still open, and clearinghouse for support of the local business.
- Cedar Falls Downtown Local Business Updates
- KWWL Takeout Guide
- Local businesses need your support. Check out our online directory, a great place to start.
- 5 Ways to Help Your Favorite Restaurant Survive COVID-19
- Cedar Falls, Iowa COVID-19 Relief and Information Site
- Waterloo, Iowa COVID-19 Information Hub
Information for Employers (Reopening, Returning to the Workplace, Health & Safety Guidelines)
Reopening/Returning to the Workplace
Health & Safety Guidelines
Grow Cedar Valley
We realize that the uptick in cancellations may feel alarming. Remember that these are all strategies to stop the spread. In light of that, we at Grow Cedar Valley will be implementing the following procedures to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus:
- All staff will telecommute when possible.
- Non-essential events and meetings have been or will be canceled, postponed, or adjusted to take place as a virtual meeting.
- The Grow Cedar Valley Office will be open by appointment only and critical organizational operations. Walk in’s and access from the general public will be restricted until further notice.
As our community continues to contend with this health crisis, we want to thank our critical service workers, businesses, non-profits, and governments that have and will be on the front lines. We recognize that this is a fluid situation with changes occurring hourly around our community and the country. Rest assured, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide any updates regarding our operations.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Grow Cedar Valley staff. We welcome your feedback, if there is a resource that you are looking for or requirements please let us know!