Cedar Valley Leadership Institute
Cedar Valley Leadership Institute is designed to foster community awareness while developing individual leadership skills, giving leaders a broader view of civic leadership responsibilities and opportunities here in the Cedar Valley.
What to Expect - Program Highlights, & Benefits
This is an opportunity for current and emerging leaders to engage with the business community while developing leadership skills, linking with a mentor, and interacting with exemplary leaders.
- Listen to and meet Cedar Valley leaders
- Tour Cedar Valley facilities
- Complete a group community impact project
- Grow your network by meeting other professionals in the area
- Classes meet the first Wednesday of each month (October - May) from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Students need to complete 80% of classes to graduate
- Your organization/business must be an investor of Grow Cedar Valley
Due to COVID-19, planning of sessions will follow CDC guidelines as it pertains to in-person gatherings.
*early registration is recommended as class size is limited to 30 participants.
- $1,700 - paid prior to the first session and is non-refundable.
- Covers all meals and snacks, materials, books, online assessments, travel, and other expenses associated with the program.
- Registration opens July 19, 2021.
- Application will require:
- Essay/General Information (500 words or less)
- Employer Approval
- Fill out 2020-21 CVLI Packet
- Fill out the online application
- Registration deadline is Friday, August 27, 2021.
For more information, contact Cary Darrah or Molly Wells
Read about the Red Team partnering with L.O.S.T >
"I was humbled and learned a LOT more than I expected from this program. There were several takeaways that might seem intuitive, but it's totally different hearing firsthand experiences from actual leaders and managers...In all, I originally thought the program was simply meant to pump people up who wanted to be leaders, but I learned that "leadership" is an actual thing and it takes thoughtfulness, attentiveness, and an interest in improving processes and relationships. I feel like this program took me down a notch (in a good way) and helped set me up to be a much better leader than I probably would have been. I also have a much greater appreciation for other professions now. Lots of lessons learned. I would love a refresher course someday. Definitely recommend!"
- Class of 2019-20 Participant
CVLI Previous Participants