Cedar Valley Leadership Institute
Due to COVID-19, Grow Cedar Valley has made the decision to cancel the 2020-21 Cedar Valley Leadership Institute (CVLI).
Cedar Valley Leadership Institute is designed to foster community awareness while developing individual leadership skills, giving leaders a broader view of civic leadership responsibilities and opportunities here in the Cedar Valley.
What to Expect - Program Highlights, & Benefits
This is an opportunity for current and emerging leaders to engage with the business community while developing leadership skills, linking with a mentor, and interacting with exemplary leaders.
- Listen to and meet Cedar Valley leaders
- Tour Cedar Valley facilities
- Complete a group community impact project
- Grow your network by meeting other professionals in the area
- Classes meet the first Wednesday of each month (October - May) from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
- Students need to complete 80% of classes to graduate
- Your organization/business must be an investor of Grow Cedar Valley
Due to COVID-19, planning of sessions will follow CDC guidelines and and effort will be made to have a hybrid model of online & in-person opportunities.
*early registration is recommended as class size is limited
- $1,500 - paid prior to the first session and is non-refundable.
- Covers all meals and snacks, materials, books, online assessments, travel, and other expenses associated with the program.
- Fill out 2020-21 CVLI Packet
- Email it to: email@example.com
- Mail to: 360 Westfield Ave, Ste. 200 Waterloo, IA 50701
- Fill out the online application
- Registration deadline is Friday, August 21, 2020.
Read about the Red Team partnering with L.O.S.T >
"I was humbled and learned a LOT more than I expected from this program. There were several takeaways that might seem intuitive, but it's totally different hearing firsthand experiences from actual leaders and managers...In all, I originally thought the program was simply meant to pump people up who wanted to be leaders, but I learned that "leadership" is an actual thing and it takes thoughtfulness, attentiveness, and an interest in improving processes and relationships. I feel like this program took me down a notch (in a good way) and helped set me up to be a much better leader than I probably would have been. I also have a much greater appreciation for other professions now. Lots of lessons learned. I would love a refresher course someday. Definitely recommend!"
- Class of 2019-20 Participant
CVLI Previous Participants