MENU
Cedar Valley Leadership Institute

Community

Cedar Valley Leadership Institute

Due to COVID-19, Grow Cedar Valley has made the decision to cancel the 2020-21 Cedar Valley Leadership Institute (CVLI).

A major component of CVLI is the social networking and group work that enhances individual connections, community outreach, and allows for application of the learned leadership skills. Unfortunately, virtual and social distancing options will hinder the networking opportunities that are of greatest value to this course.

In the meantime, we will be reconnecting with former CVLI alum virtually and will look forward to another great year of leaders for the 2021-22 Cedar Valley Leadership Institute.

Please reach out to any of our staff if you have an questions.

-

Cedar Valley Leadership Institute is designed to foster community awareness while developing individual leadership skills, giving leaders a broader view of civic leadership responsibilities and opportunities here in the Cedar Valley.

What to Expect - Program Highlights, & Benefits

This is an opportunity for current and emerging leaders to engage with the business community while developing leadership skills, linking with a mentor, and interacting with exemplary leaders.

• Listen to and meet Cedar Valley leaders
  • Tour Cedar Valley facilities
  • Complete a group community impact project
  • Grow your network by meeting other professionals in the area
  • Classes meet the first Wednesday of each month (October - May) from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. 
  • Students need to complete 80% of classes to graduate
  • Your organization/business must be an investor of Grow Cedar Valley

Due to COVID-19, planning of sessions will follow CDC guidelines and and effort will be made to have a hybrid model of online & in-person opportunities. 

Registration

*early registration is recommended as class size is limited

Tuition:

• $1,500 - paid prior to the first session and is non-refundable. 
  • Covers all meals and snacks, materials, books, online assessments, travel, and other expenses associated with the program.

Application

1. Fill out 2020-21 CVLI Packet
    1. Email it to: molly@growcedarvalley.com
    2. Mail to: 360 Westfield Ave, Ste. 200 Waterloo, IA 50701
  2. Fill out the online application
  3. Registration deadline is Friday, August 21, 2020.

Read about the Red Team partnering with L.O.S.T >

"I was humbled and learned a LOT more than I expected from this program. There were several takeaways that might seem intuitive, but it's totally different hearing firsthand experiences from actual leaders and managers...In all, I originally thought the program was simply meant to pump people up who wanted to be leaders, but I learned that "leadership" is an actual thing and it takes thoughtfulness, attentiveness, and an interest in improving processes and relationships. I feel like this program took me down a notch (in a good way) and helped set me up to be a much better leader than I probably would have been. I also have a much greater appreciation for other professions now. Lots of lessons learned. I would love a refresher course someday. Definitely recommend!"  

- Class of 2019-20 Participant

CVLI Previous Participants 

2019-2020 Class

2018-2019 Class

2017-2018