Grow Cedar Valley Releases 2021 Legislative Policy Agenda
posted on Monday, December 7, 2020 in Government Affairs
CEDAR VALLEY 2021 LEGISLATIVE POLICY AGENDA: Economic Growth for the Cedar Valley and for Iowa is our priority
Grow Cedar Valley advocates for smart pro-business policies on a continuous basis that support our priority of economic growth for the Cedar Valley and for Iowa. Grow Cedar Valley will advocate for policy proposals in five main areas: Recovery & Resiliency; Talent; Economic Development; Business Climate; and Infrastructure.
These priorities are shaped by feedback and priorities shared by dozens of businesses of all sizes across the Cedar Valley. Here is the breakdown of responses from a survey administered by Grow Cedar Valley:
Filling the talent gap is imperative to assure we have the supply of trained workers needed in our economy. As various policy proposals are developed and debated, our goal will be to see growth in the economy of our region and the state in an inclusive and beneficial way with specific support for:
2021 Legislative Agenda
- The recommendations outlined by Governor Reynolds’ Economic Recovery Task Force
- Development of immediately deployable resources for large scale disasters when budget reserves are full for businesses to recover
- Favorable policies and additional funding for broadband priorities outlined through the Empower Rural Iowa Initiative
- The Invest in Iowa initiative that triggers Iowa’s Water and Land Legacy (IWILL) to include resources for regionally transformative quality of life projects and addresses tax disparities that impact our overall tax climate
- Funding for existing programs and consideration of new resources that promote “placemaking” including quality of life and the arts
- Supporting education at all levels from pre-school through post-high school options
- Additional general fund appropriations for the University of Northern Iowa and level funding for UNI Business and Community Services.
- Fully funding Future Ready Iowa that supports Hawkeye Community College and Cedar Valley K-12 schools initiatives
- Addressing barriers to employment such as access and affordability of child-care or student debt repayment
- Developing and supporting incentives with proven return in targeted industries
- Removal of the sunset for both the brownfield & gray fields programs.
Learn more about government affairs activities and events.